Welcome to School of Health Sciences at University of Management & Technology!
Our school is dedicated to professionals who are ready to meet the challenges and are fully capable to perform their jobs in the health care industry of 21st century. We are driven by values that include nurturing staff and students, upholding academic freedom and curiosity, and carrying out exceptional research in diverse areas.
Most of the World’s economies face a dilemma when it comes to delivering efficient and cost-effective health services. Pakistan is no different. Here, we are facing even more pressing issues, not only due to the nature of health financing, but also due to inadequate supply of qualified human resource. As a result, the health status of average Pakistani is far less as compared to the citizens of those countries which have comparable per capita income.
To address these challenges, we require a new set of tools and a new way of thinking as to how to improve the health status of the population across the board.
One of the key initiatives that we have taken is to train a large number of highly qualified professionals in various healthcare fields. It is with this vision that UMT has launched this School of Health Sciences –
In order to achieve our objectives, we have adopted following principles:
- Developing a world-class healthcare training facility for all students of the School where research, innovation and training form the fundamental basis of our vision.
- Adopting teaching methodology that not only fosters the knowledge-seeking environment, but also encourages the students and faculty to develop their professional skills on continual basis.
- Offering both excellent didactic education as well as extensive experience in the clinics, hospitals and laboratories of affiliated centres and hospitals.
- Including technology-driven educational methodology for all – students, faculty, staff, patients and the public.
- Emphasizing the importance of preventive care and public health that is not only crucial but central to improving the health status of the population.
- Integrating world-class cutting-edge medical technology related to diagnosis, evaluation and treatment into the medical curriculum of all programs offered by the SHS.
I hope you find our website to be helpful. I encourage you to contact us with your questions, or visit us and meet with our faculty and students.
Thank you for considering School of Health Sciences.